What To Do If You Are Involved In An Accident
- Immediately check for injuries and call for emergency medical assistance, if needed
- Call the police
- If you have a camera, take photos of the accident scene and all damage to the vehicles
- Exchange contact information with all persons at the scene including drivers, passengers and witnesses
- Do not sign any documents unless they are for the police
- Do not make any recorded statements to your insurance company until you speak with your attorney. The law regarding automobile accidents in New Jersey is complex and can be confusing. Therefore, before giving a statement which can be later used against you, we urge you to contact your attorney for a full explanation of your rights after an accident.
Protect Your Rights
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, it’s important to take steps to protect your legal rights, before it’s too late. If you’ve recently been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, we can help you by:
- Investigating your accident to compile evidence
- Negotiating on your behalf with the other driver’s insurance company (if the other driver is uninsured, we can help you file for uninsured motorist benefits under your own insurance policy)
- Filing and pursuing a lawsuit on your behalf if negotiations don’t lead to a successful settlement
An auto accident lawyer from our firm can help you find peace of mind after your accident so that you can move forward with your life. Contact us to set up a consultation with a lawyer from our office.